Friday, July 29, 2011

July 26, 2011 - Whose Been Sleeping In My Bed?



Despite having very nice toddler beds of their own, these darling boys have had a marathon slumber party in our Cal King bed for the last three years.  These human book ends decided we needed to convert one of the boys' toddler beds to full size.  The idea in theory will be a win-win for everyone.  They get more play space in their room, Mommy and Daddy get their bed back, and in the event of guests, we have room for them.  After baths and 2 bedtime stories, they knocked out in their new bed. I didn't sleep a wink in anticipation of the disorientation cry; it never came.  They slept like...babies!  I have to admit, I will miss rolling over and seeing their faces and getting the half-asleep smile.  I will miss the nose-to-nose slumber.  I will also miss the floppy arms over me.  However, you have to toss the baby birds out of the nest sometime, right?  You're growing up too fast, my baby birds!!!  Slow down! I only have one shot at this motherhood thing.

No comments: