Tuesday, July 26, 2011

July 21, 2011 - The Blue Letter


I can associate lots of lovely things with the color blue: blue skies, blue Carribean waters, blue Tiffany boxes, and my old police car to name a few.  Today, I was handed a "blue letter" from one of the pre-school teachers, and its contents did not spark a warm, fuzzy feeling as the aforementioned do.  The letter was an incident report stating that our sweet Anthony hit the teacher :(  His not-the-first-aggressive-act on site earned him a visit with the director.  Needless to say, I was mortified.  Yes, I know he is adjusting to pre-school, the structure, other kids ...yada yada, yada.  Nonetheless,  I couldn't help but feel it was a reflection of me as a parent.  Thankfully the teacher handed me the letter in private and briefly explained what happened. I managed a stiff upper lip, nodded during the brief conversation, and suppressed the tears that were surely about to surface by blinking quickly.  Once the boys were buckled in their seats, I read the "report" and cried.  I talked to him about it in the car and Dad did at home, though he thought the whole report was a bit excessive.  I posted on Facebook about what happened and was flooded with much love and support. I questioned my ability to bring him to school the following day. All I wanted to do was "turtle."  Armed with my big girl panties and my inner strength set to maximum, I dropped him off the following day.  According to the teacher, he had "a good day!" Keeping my fingers crossed it stays that way!
Funny: I was taking the picture of the letter for the blog when Anthony comes over and says, "Take a picture of me."  The picture changed from what was to be that of a lonely blue letter to it being held by the offender. 
*Second week of summer pre-school*

No comments: