Friday, July 2, 2010

June 30, 2010 - Date Night - Pantages Theatre

On Wednesday, we went to see In the Heights at the Pantages. It was absolutely awesome! The set was very realistic and the songs were great. Daniel and I really enjoyed hearing the sounds and voices of home. After the show, we were able to talk with most of the cast and get their autographs. We even took photos with some of them. This unbelievable first-real-date-night-out-since-the-boys wouldn't have happened without Aunty Leah watching our kids. Although they were in more than capable hands, I did have a bit of a meltdown as we said goodbye to them. She sent pictures and texts that eased my mama guilt and allowed me to enjoy the night. We love our boys, but this definitely reminded me that we need to get out alone more often.
Some of the awesome gals from the musical striking the pose with Daniel :)


*The picture is of us and Lin Manuel Miranda, the lead :) Fuzzy photo compliments of camera phone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl, my chitlins are 8 and 14, and Joe and I have been out alone just a teeny handful of times - still feels sinful and luxurious when we do get out! We spend lots of driving time in silence, which is so rare for us (quiet car). Fun night - good for you.

blasfamily@blogspot.com said...

We are true moms I guess to feel that way, huh? However, having some quality alone time with Daniel was refreshing. Carving out that hubby/wife time and just me time, makes me a happier wife and mother.