Saturday, July 17, 2010

July 17, 2010 - Our Favorite Mermaid: Tabitha

This week, my former student invited our family to see her compete on Saturday @ Splash. What a pleasure it was to see her excel in another arena outside the classroom. She took on the role of teacher as she explained to me the in's and out's of swimming. Her passion is a family affair. Mom and Dad are very much involved and her sister competes as well. Tabby was one of my shining stars in class and is definitely a star in the water!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I admire how involved you are with your students' extracurricular activities! You really are a one-of-a-kind teacher, woman - the kind that is remembered near and dear for years to come.

blasfamily@blogspot.com said...

Gee, thanks, Mich!!! I know she was happy that I was there with my clan. She was so cute offering us Gatorade, water, snacks etc..being a perfect hostess to her guests.