Friday, July 23, 2010

July 22, 2010 - ANOTHER Farmer's Market ....Fullerton


Last night we headed over to Fullerton's farmers market. Daniel had to leave to show property, but I stayed behind with our friend, John.  I was enjoying the evening very much until Little Daniel decided to disappear from my field of vision.  It is amazing how fast that wascaly wabbit is.  Moments before his Houdini act, he'd been in the bounce house and happily interacting on the playground. Constantly counting one head then the other, I realized I was still only seeing one.  That moment of panic that only a parent can know washed over me. My breathing became shallow and I suddenly felt sea sick.  That small kids' corner became huge and blurry as I scanned for Daniel. It is amazing the kinship of mothers!  A woman who'd been on my right saw my despair and the tears that began to well up in my eyes and immediately offered assistance. I did not allow fear to cripple me another second and snapped out of it. I had one gal go to security. Another stayed with Anthony and her son. I stood firmly planted where I'd last seen him and our friend John walked to the ponies and face painting.  After what were the longest moments of my life, John reappeared with Little Daniel kicking and crying for interrupting his exploration just beyong the bounce house. After seeing him, I breathed a sigh of relief, had an explosion of tears, and then a feeling of anger. I needed a minute to get it together before I hugged him. I put him down, got to his eye level and through tears firmly said, "You never leave Mommy!" repeatedly.  At this point, we were both crying.  I wanted to leave right then, but as we all know, you have to get right back on that horse. So, I stayed and was happy I did.  We went to the water holes and you'd never known we'd just had a terrible moment 5 minutes before these huge smiles.  Daniel and I have those teddy bear kiddie leashes, and we've not used them but once.  Last night made me rethink their usage :(
\

No comments: