Saturday, April 16, 2011

March 30, 2011 - The Results Are In!

Today Daniel and I met with personnel at WACSEP to review the results of the boys testing and discuss services for them.  It was determined that Daniel will need to have two  days of intensive  speech and language support.  The support will be given in a classroom environment with 11 other kiddies.  Anthony did not qualify for that.  He will participate in a 45 minute support class (FLAG) with either Daniel or me and six other kiddies and their parents once a week. I am extremely grateful that there are early intervention services available to ensure the boys' success.
On a selfish note: In my mind's eye,  I envisioned both the boys going off to class together.  It breaks my heart to separate them at this stage and send off Daniel to class without his brother. I know I have to put the big girl panties on and remind myself that this is what is best for Daniel, but it brings tears to my eyes nonetheless.

No comments: