Saturday, April 16, 2011

April 9, 2011 - Happy 3rd Birthday Boys!

    
 

 
 
The weather wound up being absolutely fabulous for the boys' Toy Story themed birthday party!  I had foolishly worshipped the worry god for several days believing  the weather man that there would be rain on their special day.   It was a wonderful sunny day! The boys  were surrounded by so many  people who loved them, and it was really humbling to see.  Hard to admit, but true nonetheless, I stressed a bit over this party for 3 year olds. I guess because I am no Martha Stewart when it comes to throwing parties.  My friend Leah put it all in perspective when she told me shortly after the party started , "Your boys are having fun. That makes it all worth it!"  Another thing I will remember about this day was that Daniel slept through a good portion of his party.  He got tuckered out and went to sleep.  The time came for pin-the-tail on Bullseye, cake cutting,  & pinata bashing, and he could not be awoken despite Daddy's best efforts.  Oh, well!  I'm learning to accept  that the pictures taken in my mind are not always the ones that are actually captured on film.  We did sing "Happy Birthday" the following night  to our sleepy head and watched him  blow out his Buzz Lightyear candle.  Happy birthday Daniel and Anthony!  We love you!!!!
P.S. Thank you Daddy Daniel for doing such a  great job with getting our backyard party worthy :)

No comments: