Saturday, April 16, 2011

April 11, 2011 - Daniel's First Day

 

Daniel began school today!  It was a tough day for me emotionally.  I put on the big girl panties, held my chin up, and took a deep breath knowing that this was going to be good for him. I thought he'd cry as the three of us left him at the pre-school, but thankfully he didn't because that would have broken my heart.   He was greeted by his teachers at the meeting place  and was taken over to the other children to meet them.  He mingled right in and dutifully held on to his ring and walked away.  Behind crying eyes I took these photos of our big boy.  He waved goodbye to us, and it was over just like that.  His teacher called me later to tell me how his first day went, how well he did, and that we had a very sweet boy.  What a relief!  I guess he handled Day One better than Mommy did!

No comments: