Sunday, August 29, 2010

August 28, 2010 - The Opet and Blas Families Visits the Nixon Library

Big Sis Madeline, Kenny, and lovely Emma drove south to visit us this weekend.  It was a short trip but lots of fun.  Being that my sister and her hubby are history buffs, a trip to the Nixon Library seemed very apropos.  Despite Nixon not being a favorite president, I was eager to go especially since he attended my school.  All of us learned many things we never knew.  The boys did the best they could considering the low level of fun for them. After the Library, we went to have lunch at a Puerto Rican restaurant since my sister was craving food of our people.  Daniel and I were more than game since we have a history with this place (our first date!).  The evening was spent BBQing carne asada on the grill and enjoying the company of my peeps, our neighbors Jim and Martha, and Uncle Johnny.  THOSE SUMMER NIGHTS :)


No comments: