Wednesday, August 4, 2010

August 4, 2010 - Piggy Banks Turned Into Savings Accounts

I recently read an article that stated it is never too early to teach kids about money sense.  Number 7 on the list was to open a savings account.  Although they already have college accounts set up, I thought this was a good idea. Before our outing to the park, I took their piggy bank contents to Banco Popular (A Puerto Rican bank) to open accounts for each of them.  Daniel showed off his bank book. Anthony showed his temper and threw his bank book on the floor because his lollipop fell; a tragedy in his world!  Okay, maybe I should have been calming my son instead of taking a picture, but that's me capturing life!!! I know Auntie Leah will shout out, "Amen!"

1 comment:

Liz P said...

i'm glad you took the picture of him throwing a tantrum, it'll make a great conversation starter with his girlfriend and guy friends 15 yrs from now! lol!