Monday, April 5, 2010

My Peeps - Easter 2010







After the boys opened their Easter baskets, we headed out to the Santa Anita Race Track for an Easter fun day. Daniel nor I have ever been to a race track (outside of swap meets at New York's Aqueduct) and thought it sounded like fun. The event included a grand Easter egg hunt. Considering we missed out on last week's egg hunt due to the pony ride fiasco, I was thrilled that the boys would have a second chance. We luckily got there about 5 minutes before the next egg hunt. This was serindipitous for us considering the boys don't wait on line too well. We lined up with what I thought were other parents. Once the hunt began, they magically turned into cougars ravaging the designated 3 and under field. This being our first egg hunt, we were in shock and awe of the savagery. In our first-timer's minds, we thought the KIDS would be waddling and/or running to the hidden eggs and happily place their newly found treasure into their baskets. Little did we know that the cougars would be sprinting and scooping while simultaneously carrying their toddler. Once I snapped out of my shock, the thought clearly came to me: When in Rome...do as the Romans do. I scooped up Anthony and like Forest Gump said, "I was running." Daniel was behind with little Daniel and I charged to the outer grass area. With fewer people around us, I put Anthony down and told him to run. He had no idea what the heck was going on, but he had the cutest smile on his face as he ran through the grass. In the end, Anthony got 2 eggs and Little Daniel got one. We went from the field to the jumper. The boys were both having fun. Little Daniel at some point must have gotten spooked and had to come out. Anthony again jumped until literally being pulled out. The jumper time was followed by some time playground fun. They sure do enjoy the slide. Being that there were too many bigger kids, we didn't stay as long as they would have liked. All in all, it was a good time. We came home to have dinner and color eggs. They gave us a bit of grief while we set it up for them. Once they were in their high chairs and dipping, the tears were gone.
Mommy Stuff: I've been wanting a really good camera for a while now. The digital camera is okay, but we were constantly frustrated that precious shots were not being captured because of the delay. The Canon Rebel is mine as of last week, but I didn't open it until today. This week off will hopefully provide me some time to learn and practice.

1 comment:

Liz P said...

It sounds like it was a lot fun! Congrats on your new camera!