Friday, April 16, 2010

April 16, 2010 - Testing, Testing....123






As I said a few posts ago, our pediatrician told us at the boys' two year wellness visit that we should have them evaluated for a speech delay. Yesterday, we took them to the Eastern Los Angeles Area Regional Center (ELARC) to have the evaluation done. The speech pathologists who worked with the boys were thorough with us and wonderful with the boys. They assessed the boys socially, cognitively, physically, and on how well they communicated. We won't have a full report with their observations and results for approximately two weeks. If they display enough of a delay, they will be eligible for services. I try to be the gal who sees the glass as half full, so my positive lens says this can only help them. The dork that I am asked the speech gals if I could take pictures since we document important things in their lives. This definitely was important! So glad I took my camera. After all that testing, they needed to go the park for some fun.
4/16/10- Happy 67th birthday, Daddy!!!! Love, Ding

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your outlook on this, Lin - and I have a feeling those boys are going to bust out and never stop talking, once they do! :-) I'll look for more updates on the blog. ♥

Happy Bday, Dad! I enjoyed getting to know him (and your mom) a bit at your wedding festivities; great guy (no suprise with a gal like you!).