Sunday, April 25, 2010

April 25, 2010 - Totally Terrific and Unselfish Tweenagers


Tweenagers are an interesting group. They are defined as children between the ages of 9 and 12 who are no longer little children, but not quite teenagers. Some can say this age group can be selfish. Such is not the case with my students. I was recently impressed by my awesome students this week! One of our local feeder schools experienced a recent tragedy. One of its families perished in a car accident with only the mom surviving. Since many of my students attended that elementary, I asked them if they'd be willing to donate to our classroom fundraiser. I explained that whatever money they raised, the Blas family would match. I was touched by the fact that some took our conversation home to their parents and returned with generous checks. Can you believe these kids raised $230??? We are turning in a donation of $460 from Room 3 on Monday. I am so proud of them. Way to go, Eagles!!!! A special thanks to the Chavez and Fraga families for your generosity :)

1 comment:

Ms. Sanchez said...

WOW! nice job room 3 students!
<3 :D