Tuesday, February 2, 2010

February 2, 2010 - Stateline or Bust! (95 Weeks)




Several staff members joined together to support a fundraiser for our 8th graders upcoming Washington, D.C. trip in April. It was no cliche fundraiser of a car wash or sale of goodies. The fundraiser was nothing less than a turn around trip to Stateline. A full day of fun with friends for a cause. I'm not much of a gambler, but I was game to hit the outlets, have a cocktail with my gal pals, go carb crazy, and enjoy the bus ride which was sure to be fun. Daniel and the boys dropped me off at school at 7:15 a.m. With tears in my eyes, I said goodbye. The tears I guess was from knowing that I wouldn't be just a mile away from home, as is the case when I'm at work. I'd be far...too far if something happened. I snapped out of it and boarded the bus. The ride there went by fast because of the raffles, "catering", rest stop break, and Carlos our amusing bus M.C. and hostess Leah. My circle (Janet,Darlene, Cathy, and Kerry) sure did win a lot of the raffles. We won things like a: Bed Bath and Beyond goodie bag, Universal Studios tickets, Starbucks gift card, Jamba Juice gift card, coffee travel mugs, ITunes gift card etc. Basically, we hit the jackpot even before hitting Stateline. Once at our destination, time flew. I never made it to the outlets or the roller coaster. I did find my way to a roulette table, a game of which I know nothing about. I was not too impressed with the game as my $2 bet got swept away faster than I can say two dollars. However, as I placed a bet again on my sons' birthday, I won $76 dollars. I won again, which I am sure was beginner's luck. Unlike my friends, I am quick to take the money and run. Before you knew it, it was time to eat and board the bus. The trip home was much quieter for most of the passengers. The Circle's trip home was hilarious because of Janet's Chargers blanket we thought someone was warming themselves with (you had to be sitting with us to understand this). I love you, Girls!!!! We need to do an outing again :)
P.S. Kerry: Black, Red, Even, Odd...

No comments: