Tuesday, February 16, 2010

February 16, 2010 - Road Trip (97 Weeks)





Another three day weekend. Yahoo!!!! While I was at work, Daniel rented the mini-van and took care of the many last minute errands that needed to be done before we took off to Livermoore for the weekend. With the van packed, our family including our dog, took north to visit my step-sister who is due to deliver a baby girl in March. Seven hours later, 2 restroom breaks, and one mini-twin meltdown, we found ourselves safely at our destination. Awaiting us was cerveza and good Puerto Rican food compliments of my stepmom, which instantly made the long trip worth it.
On Valentine's Day, we searched the quaint downtown area for a place to have lunch. Yin Yin seemed so apropos considering we have twins. We walked off lunch strolling the streets and taking to the park where the boys made friends.
The weekend went by too quickly, as good times so often do. Before we knew it, it was time to make our way home. Although we didn't make the scenic stops I had envisioned making on this trip north, it was a very much needed break for us.
Twin Stuff: Anthony said "tree" in front of everyone but me since I was in the flower shop getting the boys red Valentine's Day balloons.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG, Livermore?! Lin, you know that's where my parents and we lived back in the late 70s - and then Joe and I lived there together in the mid-90s (when Nick was born/little). My dad's business was located there from 1978 thru 1995. This is where your SIL is living? Awesome!

Things change sooo much every time I go back...

So sorry we were out of town when you passed thru - although sounds like the drive was long enough as it was - and driving up the coast would have added even mas horas. ♥