Tuesday, June 9, 2009

June 9, 2009 - They're Walking! (61 Weeks)



Our boys are both officially walking. It is amazing the difference one week makes! Daniel was only taking a couple of very wobbly, drunk-like steps last week. Now, he charges across the room. He falls after many steps, but this new trick is fun and he is quite pleased with himself as his giggles clearly suggest. The finesse of his steps compare to that of a bull in a china shop but who cares. My baby is walking. Anthony definitely has control of his steps and can walk beside me holding my hand. Our little guy also sprouted two more bottom teeth. Now, he has 8 just like Daniel. He is also saying "mama" on a more frequent basis.
On Friday, the four of us went to the carnival at school. I was scheduled to be in the dunk tank at 4:40 p.m. Unfortunately, our beautiful southern California weather did not shine upon me. Needless to say, I froze my tushie. The kids sure had a great time dunking me in. The dunking in the video below is compliments of Jonathan the "dunk master." I also got in the ring with one of my student's (Karla). She has a mean right hook. It was all in good fun. The kids got a good laugh, and it raised money for Stampfl's steel drums and choir.
Mommy Moment: Now that the boys are eating grown up food, I am finding myself really getting into cooking. I find myself watching cooking shows, asking friends and family for recipes, and spending time making multiple meals at once. On Sunday, I made chicken soup, banana bread, chicken salad, meatballs, and chicken enchiladas.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haaaaaaa, the video is too funny! You are such a sport.

What a milestone for the boys - and how neat and fun to find your call to cooking in your quest to prepare food for their newly broadened palates.

Are you out for the summer yet?

Love, M

Liz P said...

Hi Five... you have time to work, and cook! It is so much easy to tire out the boys when they walk. We rarely take the stroller anywhere.

I purchase some of my meals from Dream Dinners (next to the Thai Table and Vons). Since I can't prep the food myself (with the twins in each hand) they are nice enough to do it for me. And the meals come with recipe cards and everything you need in the ziplock bags! It's fun and easy! We should go together some time! And when I don't have time for that Thai Table delivers! Yum...pecking duck