Tuesday, June 30, 2009

June 30, 2009 - Coaching, Mourning, and Playing (64 Weeks)

Did I say "Freedom" last week? Freedom was short-lived. I accepted a summer school coaching position. I get to support teachers at my school with teaching techniques that are part of Project GLAD. It is a great opportunity for me to grow and help some of my colleagues get comfortable with strategies that are good for kids' learning.
On Thursday, I was saddened to hear that both Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson died. I loved the show Charlie's Angels! I had a pillow case with her on it. Heck, I loved her hairstyle so much that I had my hair cut like hers. Let's just say it didn't look nearly as cute on me. She was an amazing human who handled her cancer battle with courage and grace. As for Michael Jackson, I grew up listening to his music. So many great songs. Who could forget Thriller? This family had planned on going to their stars on Hollywood Blvd. but decided not to after seeing on the news steel barricades up. I figured it wasn't worth the hassle of traffic and the horrific Hollywood parking situation if I couldn't even get a glimpse.
On Saturday, we took the boys to Parnell Park after making a pitstop at Starbucks. They are "Starbies" as my friend Nancy named them.

No comments: