Tuesday, March 3, 2009

March 3, 2009 - Long Beach Aquarium Visit ( 47 Weeks)





I only taught two days this week since I was given the opportunity to attend the California Association of Bilingual Educators Conference in Long Beach. I went with another teacher friend of mine (Liz) and we sure learned a lot. I love to attend conferences that leave me feeling empowered and ready to implement techniques that I can’t wait to do with my students!
On Friday, Daniel and the boys met me after the conference. The Long Beach Aquarium, which was only a couple of blocks away, offered attendees of the CABE conference admission for only $5 after 3 p.m. We thought this would be a nice treat for the boys, since they get so excited just with Lucky. I don’t know how much they got out of it at this age, but we sure got some cute pictures. I loved the Lorikeet Village. The birds fly around freely and will step up onto your finger if you extend it. After our visit, we had planned on spending several hours walking the boardwalk and having dinner on Pine Street; the boys had another plan. For the most part, they are real troopers with our excursions, but that night they were having no part of it. So, Plan B became homeward bound with a pit stop to KFC. Flexibility is this family’s favorite vocabulary word.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Let's Go Dodgers!!!!!!!

Liz P said...

from six months or so we've been taken the boys to the aotp and they love it! they think they think they're cool 'cuz they know how to shoot water from the squid.