Wednesday, March 11, 2009

March 10, 2009 - Surprise Party For Mommy's 40th Birthday! (48 Weeks)




Baby Daniel had to be taken to urgent care on Thursday night for a fever of 103 degrees that he couldn’t shake. This has been the hardest visit yet since they had to take both a urine sample and blood sample from him. Our poor little guy cried out in a way that broke our hearts. He was quite traumatized and fell asleep only to be woken up by a penicillin injection. Much was ruled out but nothing concrete was found to be the cause.
On a much happier note, my Daniel had a 40th surprise birthday party for me on Saturday night. It turns out he’d been planning this for weeks with my friend Leah. On my actual bday, he’d had roses, a cake, and a Wii for me. Call me crazy, but that was great in itself. He told me we were going out on a date Saturday night. I didn’t have details only that he’d arranged for a baby sitter. We went to my friend Leah’s house to stop in for her friend’s party. We were then to take off on our date. When we walked in, there was everyone shouting, “Surprise!” Daniel sure did a great job keeping the secret. Multiple people told me that on several occasions they’d almost spoiled my surprise; kudos to them and my Daniel for keeping the secret and making my 40th birthday so memorable.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you had fun! You are one tough lady to keep a secret from!!!!