Wednesday, May 16, 2012

April 21, 2012 - LACBD Dinner

Saturday night was pretty special!  I was invited to the 36th annual recognition banquet given by the Los Angeles County Bilingual Directors' Association.  I received an award for Outstanding Teacher of the Year for East Whittier City S.D.  About six weeks before, I had been told about being nominated by my boss, but I thought the round of applause at the staff meeting was the extent of the recognition. It turned out to be a fancy banquet dinner at the Double Tree Hotel.  Dorka, Monica, Tim, and other district personnel were there giving up their Saturday night to show support and appreciation. Josefina watched our boys, and Daniel and I got the rare opportunity to get dressed up and go out on a date :)  The plaque I received was beautiful; it read "for lifelong committment to improve educational services and advance the rights of English Language Learners in your district." 


Monica, Dorka, and Moi

Outstanding Teachers for EWCSD



No comments: