Saturday, August 20, 2011

August 6, 2011 - Our 5th Wedding Anniversary


You would think that with all the traveling I've done in my lifetime that I'd have packing down to a science; sadly, I don't! Our flight to Orlando was an 11:30 p.m. red eye. In my mind that surely left me plenty of time to thoroughly clean the house and pack my clothes.  Such was not the case. During my frantic packing insanity, Daniel totally surprised me with a beautiful chocolate cake and anniversary frame. Time was definitely not on my side, but this bride made sure to share a glass and be fed some cake by her handsome groom right before rushing out to LAX.
P.S. I will forever remember the hurried flight attendant asking as we approached the gate, "Blas, party of four???" While heads were nodding yes, boarding passes were quickly scanned. The minute the last of our feet made contact inside, along with those of fellow straggler Ms. Kim, the door was immediately shut.  We made that flight by the hair on our chinny chin anniversary chins.



No comments: