Tuesday, April 28, 2009

April 27, 2008 -One Year Wellness Visit (55 Weeks)




On Wednesday, we took the boys for their one year wellness visit without incident. Dr. Castillo instructed us to give them cow's milk, give them more solid food, brush their teeth,transition them to the sippy cup,and say buh bye to the bobo (pacifier). What a tall order the latter two things. The boys got 4 shots at this visit. Daniel stayed with them as each got the shots and then passed them off to me to console. I was quite okay with this method since it traumatizes me each time when I see them turn beet red as they are injected. The cry that follows breaks my heart. Daniel insists that they did better this time. I’m sure glad they don’t have to get shots again for another 6 months.
Daniel is officially in the big boy car seat as of Saturday. It is nice to turn around and see our cuties face to face instead of looking at them through their headrest mirror.
Latest stats: Daniel is 19 lbs. 3oz. and 30.32 inches. He also has 8 teeth. Anthony is 24 lbs. 10 oz. and 31.5 inches. He has 6 teeth. Daniel for about the last two weeks has been able to stand to his feet with the support of the ottoman or sofa.
What sets off Mommy's heartlight now? I come home from work and quietly approach the den and shout, "Mommy's home!" They make eye contact, squeal like little piggies, crawl quickly to the ottoman and stand to wait for their hugs and kisses...Priceless!

1 comment:

NOwen said...

Hey Linda!
I hope you read this - I got your message but the connection wasn't great and I couldn't make out your phone number. Please call me again and we'll get those car seats to you guys. These pix of your boys are darling!!!
Nancy Owen