Wednesday, January 28, 2009

January 27, 2009 - Oaths and I Do's (42 Weeks)




This week started out with the innauguration of President Obama. Being a history teacher made that day even more incredible for me. In class we were studying ancient China. I told the kids, "Ancient China will still be ancient tomorrow. You are experiencing history today!" So, we watched the innauguration in class. What they'll retain of all their ancient civilization learning this year I'll never know. I do hope that they'll remember this historic day of their 6th grade year.
On Friday, we went to my friend's wedding and had a great time. She looked happy and absolutely radiant! Liz was surrounded by her family and her many friends from our school. The boys were with us and enjoyed being spoiled by our friends who were more than willing to hold them.

No comments: