Wednesday, August 27, 2008

August 19, 2008 - On The Road Again (19 Weeks)


It turns out my uncle's cousin has a boat. He invited us for a ride, and it was a perfect day. We got to see Washington's sites from the water. We also drove right up to a restaurant and enjoyed some great food. I have to admit I am now addicted to hush puppies. Yummo!!!! Unfortunately, Daniel's back went out from all constant loading and unloading the boys from the car and putting the heavy double stroller in and out of the car. It slowed us down, but didn't stop us from continuing on this whirlwind trip. We spent an extra day in Virginia and just vegged out.

The following day was spent on the road with the destination of Atlanta, GA. It turned out to be a long ride since the GPS apparently gave us the scenic route. ARRGGHHH! It actually was okay since my sister was teaching all day anyway and had a volleyball game after school. Despite the detour, we arrived at my sister's house before she got home from her game. She had no idea we were coming (her kids were in on the secret) and was thrilled to see us all. I can't believe how much my nieces and nephews have grown. We spent the night and had to hit the road again the following day. We could not leave GA without visiting her classroom. The four of us showed up at her school unannounced with Starbucks and made her very happy. After goodbyes and tears, we were off to Orlando, FL.
We arrived safely by dinner time and met my mom, stepdad, and nephews for dinner after checking into our time share. The following day we went to my dad and stepmom's house. The grandparents finally got to meet their grandsons!!! Tropical Storm Fay blew into town. We checked out of our time share and bunkered down at my dad's since the reports said to stay off the roads. Although we enjoyed our time with my dad and stepmom, the storm did not allow us to spend much quality time with my mom and stepdad which makes me sad. We were supposed to leave on Tuesday, but the storm closed down Orlando International. We would now have to leave Wednesday.

No comments: