Friday, November 11, 2011

October 30, 2011 - Pancakes, Pumpkins, and Pirates

Today started out
 with chocolate chip, Halloween pancakes
 and then service.









Then....we took off to the La Habra Children's Museum to carve some pumpkins. The boys were initially interested while selecting their pumpkin, gathering supplies, and picking a design to carve. However, interest quickly dwindled once they realized this activity would get their hands very dirty. I winded up being the solo pumpkin carver. The vision I had in my head of how this first carving would go played out differently in reality. Oh well! They played, I carved.

Lastly,
we went home and patiently waited until dark to visit the pirate themed haunted house.
Before going, I reminded them that this was make believe and only for Halloween.  I told them that if they got scared, they could close their eyes or do their Blas karate.  The boys were brave as we went through the maze. Anthony did wind up continuing through with his eyes covered after a good scare that made us all scream.  Daniel gave the pirate by the exit door an unexpected karate chop, which made him burst into laughter. 


No comments: