Saturday, June 18, 2011

June 14, 2011 - Roller Coaster Riding Mama

I haven't been on a roller coaster in over 6 years. As fate would have it, a colleague needed me to substitute for her on the 8th grade field trip to Knotts Berry Farm. The opportunity to ride presented itself, and I grabbed that bull by the horns since I am temporarily confined to Camp Snoopy until the boys are a little older. The first ride I got on simply went in circles and made me so dizzy and nauseous that I had to close my eyes until the end. I got off thinking this was going to be one long day! That mentality quickly changed once I got on the first of 4 roller coasters. I rode each with my hands in the air, a smile on my face, and proclaiming the words, "I'm not old" with each twist, plunge, turn, and upside-down loop. Who would think this 42 year old still had it in her?

Smiling at launching - 82 mph in 2.3 seconds


No comments: