Saturday, May 15, 2010

May 15, 2010 - Kids Fit For Life Run/Walk




This morning the boys participated in the Kids Fit For Life Run/Walk at the Whittier Police Open House. I would have loved to have had them walk, but flying solo today and not knowing if they'd go in opposite directions as they do in Borders, I decided to keep them in the stroller. They got a t-shirt and goodie bag before the race, and a medal and fruit bar coupon at the end. Next year they are walking;pushing that stroller uphill was just so fun for me! After the event, we walked around and visited an array of community information booths. There were many cool freebies being given out for the kids. I was in heaven when I saw that there was a booth giving out free massages. The boys thankfully behaved. HealthWays Medical Group has a new client in me. We also visited the firemen from Engine 28 and an ambulance. We didn't get to take a photograph with the SWAT team members this year, since they were about to do a demonstration. I love that Whittier Police Department celebrates National Police Week with this annual event and give the community an opportunity to tour the station and learn about other services we have in our own backyard.

No comments: