Tuesday, October 20, 2009

October 20, 2009 - First Dental Visit (80 Weeks)

The boys had their first dental visit on Friday. Yes, this may seem early, but these boys already have 16 teeth! Dr. Dora Lee’s staff made their visit a good one. The office was festively decorated with Halloween décor. The waiting room had Aladdin playing on a flat screen and toys galore for the kids to play with. I sat with Anthony and Daniel with Daniel for the cleanings. Some tears were shed, but they were troopers during their exam, cleaning, and fluoride treatment. The tears quickly disappeared once they were presented with their first timers’ balloon and stickers. They also got to take a prize from the treasure chest and enter into the monthly drawing. Cornball that I am, I had Dr. Lee sign their copy of Dora the Explorer’s book Show Me Your Smile! A Visit to the Dentist. Dr. DORA Lee wrote: “Dear Anthony and Daniel, You did a great job! Thanks for visiting us! After payment, Daniel and I took them to McDonalds for a happy meal and a romp in the McDonald playground. Unfortunately, they couldn’t play much since it was being closed for cleaning and maintenance. That was just as well since Mommy had to go back to work. I only took a half day off from work since I figured this visit wouldn’t be traumatic.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Good for you, getting them into the dental routine right away. Here's hoping you can avoid the many K I've spent on little Chulula Jones... (I know, "earmuffs!!")

*sorry, I keep making typos, LOL