Tuesday, May 12, 2009

May 12, 2009 - My 2nd Mother's Day (57 Weeks)

This was my 2nd Mother’s Day! It was a pretty laid back day. Our boys did not let mommy sleep in as I’d hoped, but Daddy made up for it by making me breakfast. What can I say? I’m easily pleased. Give me pancakes, bacon, and coffee and no one gets hurt ;) Yes, I did say PANCAKES! Not exactly diet food is it? Despite our Biggest Loser challenge going on at work, I gave myself Mother’s Day as my “cheat day.” I figure I deserve it. Speaking of the diet, I’m down 10 ½ lbs. It is so hard to lose and so easy to gain! Anyway, after breakfast we all got ready, packed up, and headed out to my mother-in-law’s house in Riverside. She was really happy to spend some quality time with the boys.
Earlier this week, I almost had melt down shortly after getting home. When I arrived on Thursday, Josefina motioned to Anthony for him to come to her. He cautiously let go of the ottoman and took a step. I sat on the floor in horror with my eyes welling up with tears and chin trembling. I seriously think I stopped breathing. In my mind this was NOT how I envisioned seeing his first steps. Those precious steps were to be taken for me or Daniel. Perhaps Anthony heard the silent scream inside my chest or my prayer to God, but as he lifted his leg to take the second step, he plopped down and crawled to her. To admit that I was relieved sounds shallow, but it is the truth.

1 comment:

Liz P said...

happy mother's day!