Tuesday, December 9, 2008

December 9, 2008 - Crawling, Rolling, and Sprouting Teeth (8 Months)



This week has been one with many oohs and ahhhs! For starters, Daniel sprouted his first tooth. While I was out with them at Panera, Daniel smiled at me, and I saw something white beaming at me. I opened his mouth and glided my finger across the bottom gum. My finger felt the bumpy ridge of his tooth. Needless to say, I started crying. This completely explains his crankiness, excessive need to be held, and the temperature he was running. It is kind of ironic that he would be the one to sprout a tooth first considering he doesn’t eat as much as Anthony. Speaking of our Anthony, he is doing his version of crawling. He has pretty much figured out how to put his weight on his knees, lift his bottom into the air, and plop his body forward. A little more practice and he will be doing the military crawl soon. The Christmas tree and Lucky have surely served as his motivation. Daniel,on the other hand, doesn't put out that much effort to get to his destination. He decides where he wants to go and just rolls to his destination.
On Saturday night I took the boys to Uptown Whittier for the holiday sonata. I was reeled in by the horse and carriage rides. It was a short excursion but worth it to get some fresh air and a nice walk along the festive Greeleaf. Hopefully next week we’ll take the kids to get their picture taken with Santa at Irvine Park. My boss says they have a brightly lit night train that takes visitors through a decorated Irvine Park. It takes passengers to Santa’s Village where the kids can have their pictures taken with Santa.

1 comment:

Leah Lito said...

I love the dancing elves!!!!!!