Saturday, June 9, 2012

June 9, 2012 - King-of-the-Day Daniel

Today's King of the Day was Daniel.  I think I am really liking this K.O.D. idea.  It has easily resolved the battles over who: sits next to me, who goes first, who sleeps next to me,  who plays with the IPad first, who picks the show to be watched etc.  The letter "D" or "A" is on every square of the monthly calendar, which is a good thing because some days are so crazy around here that I can't remember whose day it is.  When amnesia sets in, quirky Anthony is quick to take me over to the calendar and say, "Let's check, Mommy."  I've noticed this conveniently happens on his days :)  Today Little Daniel slowly woke up, and as his sleepy eyes fluttered open, he immediately said, "Mama, it my day." This was affirmation that this problem-solving technique is something that they enjoy and look forward to as well. Today's king got to go to a Madagascar themed workshop at Lowe's with me.



No comments: